St. Patrick’s Day
Written by Raele Sabounjian
7 Reasons Why Our St. Patrick’s Menu Will Make
Everyone Feel the Luck of the Irish
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, and with such an extensive Irish population in the United States, the holiday has become as infiltrated into American culture as the Fourth of July. Even though Irish cuisine is not exactly the most celebrated among the different kinds of cuisine around the world, like Italian or Mexican, for example, we at Deborah Miller Catering created a St. Patrick’s Day menu, as we do every year, for our clients to be able to celebrate this fun holiday with some festive and authentic eats.
In case you missed it, here are our picks for 2018:
Corned Beef Slider with Whole Grain Mustard on a Potato Roll
Potato and Cabbage Croquettes
Individual Shepherd's Pies
Vidalia Onion Dip with Rosemary Potato Chips
Individual Kale Salads
Shots of Green M&M’s
Individually Wrapped Shamrock Cookies
$29.95 Per Person
We decided to have even more fun with the menu this year, and come up with 7 reasons why each of these food items will make you feel as lucky as your fellow Irishman (or woman!). Whether it is because of how they taste, how they look, or how they make you feel, there’s a reason to feel lucky for consuming every snack on the menu this year.
Read on to find out what they are!
- Because Vidalia onion dip with our famed rosemary potato chips will make your taste buds feel like they died and went to heaven. And their individual snack-style is appealing to all.
- Because croquettes sound classy, and when they’re stuffed with potato and cabbage, you’ll have the palette of the Irish with the sophistication of the French. Win, win, if you ask us.
- Because when’s the last time you had M&Ms,let alone just green ones, in a convenient shot-size cup? Childhood nostalgia much?
- Because shepherd’s pie is a universal comfort food, and layers of meat topped with hearty mashed potatoes will make anyone feel cozy and comfy inside.
- Because kale has been having a moment, and our individual kale salad is not only healthy and trendy, it’s also so on brand for the colors of this holiday. Triple threat? We say yes.
- Because you probably don’t always have the opportunity to eat corned beef, and our corned beef sliders with mustard on a potato roll provide the ultimate satisfaction to that long-lost craving.
- Because who doesn’t love a good old-fashioned theme party cookie? If there’s one thing that will get everyone in the St. Patrick’s spirit and appeal to your sweet tooth, it’s those adorable shamrock cookies!
So whether you are Irish or not, we encourage you to get into the spirit this year and order a fun lunch or afternoon snack for your team or for your clients. The official holiday falls on a Saturday, which means that an office party is only necessary on Thursday or Friday. Plus, hosting a fun happy hour party is good karma, and there’s nothing luckier than some good karma. Enjoy!