letsconnect@deborahmillercatering.com (212) 964-1300

A New York City Catering Company with a Liquor License

During our expansion two years ago, Deborah Miller Catering added a liquor license to our repertoire of services. The ability to offer bar services to our clients has been incredibly exciting for us and a tremendous service to our clients.

Since New York State currently does not offer any “blanket” license that would authorize caterers to provide alcohol at events, in order to fully comply with the law, we must obtain individual, one-day permits from the New York State Liquor Authority for every event that we are hired to cater and to serve alcohol at. While obtaining, these permits may be a hassle (we must submit a diagram of the venue, and a signature from the landlord on one form), by adhering to the law, Deborah Miller Catering offers our clients the best possible service and security, and both landlords and clients can rest assured that their caterer is fully licensed and insured to serve alcohol at any events that we cater.


pink try



Our bar services range in type and scope. In addition to classic wine & beer, well bar and full bar options, our clients love to get thematic. A crowd favorite is pairing food stations with alcoholic drinks. We recently did a four-station buffet with drink pairing- it was a wild hit and the combinations to get playful with this theme are limitless! Our recent party featured;


  • A Mexican Taco Station with a Classic Margarita
  • Chinese Dumplings with Tsingtao Beer
  • American Comfort Foods with an Old Fashioned
  • Classic Italian Favorites with a nice Chianti Wine


We also love offering specialty drinks. Our mixologists can create cocktails to meet your specifications or whip up classics like Bloody Mary’s, White Russians and Gimlets. Or if you really want to stir things up– add a Mojito or Caipirinha or other multi layered cocktail with twists, fresh pressed juices and some good old fashioned muddling!

Pricing is based per person the duration of an event.

Below are our top four most popular bar options;

  1. Domestic, Imported and IPA Beers
  2. Domestic and International Wines
  3. Well Bars featuring;
    • Wine
      House White Barefoot cellars Pinot Grigio & House Red Barefoot cellars Cabernet Sauvignon
      House wines subject to change
    • Beer Selection
      Amstel Light & Heinken
    • Hard Liquor
      Smirnoff Vodka, Gordons Gin, Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Milagro silver Tequila
      Triple Sec, Dry Vermouth, Sweet Vermouth, Bitters
    • Mixers and Non Alcoholic Beverages
      Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Seltzer, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup
    • Bar Fruit
      Lemons, Limes, Olives, Cherries
  4. Full Bars featuring;
    • Wine
      Canyon Road Cabernet & Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio
    • Beer Selection
      Amstel Light & Heineken
    • Hard Liquor
      Kettle one Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Johnny Walker Red Scotch, Bulleit Bourbon
      Herradura Tequila, Flor de Cana Rum, Triple Sec, Dry Vermouth, Sweet Vermouth, Bitters
    • Mixers and Non Alcoholic Beverages
      Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic, Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Seltzer, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup
    • Bar Fruit
      Lemons, Limes, Olives, Cherries

    For specific pricing or to discuss an event, contact our event division @ letsconnect@deborahmillercatering.com or call the office at 212 964 1300. We look forward to pouring for you!

    Champagne Glass by Pink Candle copy

    For more information:

    Landlord Authorization form:


    Excerpt of acknowledgment: “By my signature, I acknowledge that I am the landlord/ owner of the applied for premises, or that I am a duly authorized representative of the landlord/ owner., to sign this landlord authorization form. I hereby grand permission for the sale or services of alcoholic beverages by the applicant for consumption on said property.”.

    Caterers Permit Issued per event:

    Excerpt of relevant information: CATERERS PERMITS (all) ‐ Section 98 Authorizes an active on‐premises retail licensee to furnish alcoholic beverages for use at a specific event located off the licensed premises. Applicant must be hired to furnish provisions (food) and alcoholic beverages at the event. An applicant cannot cater for themselves. Such permit shall be valid for a period not to exceed 24 consecutive hours commencing 8:00 a.m. of the effective date of such permit and shall authorize the permittee to furnish provisions and alcoholic beverages for use at an indoor event. This permit shall be subject to the following conditions:

    1. Application must be received by the Liquor Authority a minimum of 15 days prior to the event.
    2. Food must be provided by applicant/licensee, meeting the minimum requirements under §64‐a of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law, for example: salads, soups, sandwiches, finger foods. Pretzels and potato chips do not meet the minimum requirements for food.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *